Also known as: Cetirizine
Alergid is developed by medical scientists to combat troublesome symptoms of outdoor and indoor allergy. Target of Alergid is to control, ward off, terminate and treat outdoor and indoor allergy. Alergid operates by making the level of natural chemical histamine lower to ward off outdoor (seasonal) and indoor allergy symptoms. Alergid is "non- sedating"antihistamine. Alergid is also known as Cetirizine, Reactine, Alercet, Alergex, Alerid, Certex-24, Cetrine, Cetzine, Cezin, Histazine, Riztec, Ryzen, Triz, Virlix, Xero-sed, Zirtin, Zyrzine.
This section provides information on the proper use of a number of products that contain cough and cold combinations. It may not be specific to Alergid-D. Please read with care.
To help loosen mucus or phlegm in the lungs, drink a glass of water after each dose of this medicine, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Take this medicine only as directed. Do not take more of it and do not take it more often than recommended on the label, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. To do so may increase the chance of side effects.
Do not give any over-the-counter (OTC) cough and cold medicine to a baby or child under 4 years of age. Using these medicines in very young children might cause serious or possibly life-threatening side effects .
For patients taking the extended-release capsule or tablet form of this medicine:
Swallow the capsule or tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew before swallowing. If the capsule is too large to swallow, you may mix the contents of the capsule with applesauce, jelly, honey, or syrup and swallow without chewing.
For patients taking the extended-release oral solution or oral suspension form of this medicine:
Do not dilute with fluids or mix with other drugs.
For patients taking a combination medicine containing an antihistamine and/or aspirin or other salicylate:
Take with food or a glass of water or milk to lessen stomach irritation, if necessary.
If a combination medicine containing aspirin has a strong vinegar-like odor, do not use it. This odor means the medicine is breaking down. If you have any questions about this, check with your pharmacist.
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
Overdose symptoms may include extreme drowsiness, vision problems, agitation, feeling restless and then drowsy or tired, fast heartbeats, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, trouble walking, or trouble swallowing or speaking.
Store at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F) away from moisture and heat. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date. Keep out of the reach of children.